Graphic Innovations Blog
5 Benefits of Banners vs. Banner Ads
April 3, 2016
If you have a computer, Smart Phone or tablet, you are all too familiar with banner ads. Banner ads are those annoying intrusions into your time on the web; searching, sharing and status updating. Are you ready for some statistics that will have you running to your marketing department to demand money is spent elsewhere? The following come to us from Hubspot:
The average clickthrough rate of display ads across all formats and placements is 0.06% (Source: Display Benchmarks Tool)
- A 2013 study revealed that 28% of respondents admitted to hiding their activities from advertisers — second only to criminals. (Source:Pew Research Center)
- A study revealed that only 2.8% of participants thought that ads on website were relevant. (Source: Infolinks and bannerblindness.org)
- About 50% of clicks on mobile ads are accidental. (Source: GoldSpot Media)
- 54% of users don’t click banner ads because they don’t trust them. (Source: BannerSnack)
Banner ads have become the pariah of the online marketing world and yet there is still a type of banner ad that continues to work EVERY TIME.
Vinyl and fabric custom banners will never fail you! The beauty of signs & custom banners is their flexibility and affordability. Splash a sales event message across the entire front of your building, or blanket your store front with a custom vinyl banner made by E&E Graphic Innovations.
In fact, here are 5 benefits to using custom banners as part of your marketing campaign rather than using banner ads:
1. There is no clicking involved. In fact, consumers don’t have to do a thing to see your ad except read it. Your custom banner will wave your marketing message in front of those driving and walking by your location, continually putting your name and brand in front of them each time they pass your company.
2. When the Internet goes down – your custom banner continues to market your message. Our custom vinyl banners are made of durable, long lasting material perfect for reoccurring events or sales promotions. Create a series of custom banners for each seasonal merchandising need and safely store the vinyl banners between uses. Neither snow, sleet, rain or electrical outage will keep your custom banner from doing its best to market your company.
3. There is no charge for each viewing. With banner ads on the Internet, you are charged each time a person clicks your banner; but with a custom banner, you just pay one time – an affordable price – no matter how many times people see your ad. You can even take down your banner, replace it with another, and then next year put the banner up again and you’ll still just have that one time charge.
4. You decide where to put your custom banner. Often with a banner ad the placement is determined by the amount you spend or the size of your company. With a custom banner, you can place it on the front of your store, within your store, in the window, on the side of a fence or hanging from a street lamp; the decision is totally up to you!
5. Size matters. Google decides how large or small your banner ad will be – and the options are very limited. With a custom banner, you can print your name as large as you want. Large format custom banners can be printed in any size or length.
Granted, if you are located in Arizona and want to market to consumers in New York City, a custom vinyl banner may not be the best choice. But if you are looking for a way to get your name in front of your local market without spending a fortune or asking consumers to click a button – custom banners are your number one best marketing tool!
Give us a call to learn more about how we can help with your banners!
Call Us – We Can Help
480-966-9873 | 800-709-6935